Asset #1 is Family Support:
Family life provides high levels of love and support.
You, the parents, build more assets than we ever will. You provide supportive relationships, a safe home, boundaries and expectation. You are their backbone! This is one of the many reasons we invite you to join us in building the Developmental Assets.
Below are resources for you to use to become more familiar:
- Developmental Assets Explanation
- Asset Building Challenge
- Building Family Assets
- Questions to Ask Your Children
- Eight Keys to Thriving Youth
We thank you for your support!
Asset #11: Family Boundaries: Family has clear rules and consequences and monitors the young person’s whereabouts
Essential Question: Have I had a conversation with my children at different ages to talk about family rules appropriate for their current age?
Tips to ensure healthy family boundaries:
- Always ask where your child is going, with whom, and when will they return
- Keep computers in the common area of the house, not in rooms where kids can spend hours of unsupervised time online
- Learn to be flexible when setting boundaries and take the long view
Asset of the Month Project has been brought to you by La Plata Children, Youth and Family Master Plan (CYFMP) Community Partners and Search Institute