Need Ideas on how to incorporate the Developmental Assets into program planning? A good way to start is with the Asset Building Challenge!
Objective embedded within all units:
We have been given a set of skills, experiences, relationships, and behaviors to help advance or hinder us in life. How can we identify and use these tools effectively to create better selves? How can we help ourselves be better selves?
Unit One – Introduction and Support (5 Lessons)
- Asset # 34: Cultural Competence – young person has knowledge of and comfort with people of different cultural / racial / ethnic background.
Unit Three – Celebrating Kindness (5-6 Lessons)
- Asset # 33 Interpersonal Competence – young person has empathy, sensitivity, and friendship.
Unit Four – Sparking Creativity (10 Lessons)
- Asset #17: Creative Activities – Young people spend three or more hours per week in lessons or practice in music, theatre, or other of arts.
Unit Five- Service to People and Our Planet (15 Lessons)
- Asset # 9 Service to Others and to Our Planet
- Asset 25 ‘ Young Person Reads for Pleasure three or more hours per week
If you come across or facilitate a activity that supports the assets, please contact: ChayseR@RSAPP.org